Neoprene Long Sleeve Wetsuit Base Layer with Back Zip This product provides a fantastic layer of extra warmth and insulation when swimming outdoors or doing other watersports.
Having tested many of the existing products on the market Zone3 felt that it was necessary to add the back zip otherwise it’s almost impossible to take this close-fitting style top off.
The base layer is made from Yamamoto Smoothskin neoprene with a 1.5mm thickness which offers a high level of flexibility and movement.
The top is designed with a lower cut hem and has an internal smoothskin finish which helps to keep the base layer in place and the high neck helps provide extra warmth whilst still being very comfortable.
The zip is made by world leading manufacturer YKK and the product is designed to be put on normally but then taken off through the legs.
Year on year the Aspire wetsuit builds on its world renowned reputation. It continues to collect accolades from the Triathlon industry, having scored an impressive 10 out of 10 rating in both Triathlete Europe and 220 Magazine in its early years and more recently a 95% rating and the prestigious BEST BUY award.
The Aspire is constantly given praise for its great fit, remarkable flexibility around the shoulders, carefully balanced buoyancy and rapid removal. The new sleeveless version of the suit gives athletes an alternative, premium option for those who want a lighter and more flexible suit compared with the Vision Sleeveless. The Aspire Sleeveless is packed with features to promote the fastest and most energy efficient swim possible.
The key features include:
1. Premium SCS #39 Yamamoto fabrics designed to ensure superb all-over body flexibility, comfort and performance. Zone3 work on new developments with Yamamoto as a chosen supplier because the neoprene offers fantastic performance features such as:
• Speed: The aqua dynamic 'SCS' Nano coating applied to the neoprene creates almost zero drag through the water. A drag coefficient of just 0.021 compared with 4.0 for regular neoprene wetsuits. The SCS coating also prevents the suit from absorbing water, therefore avoiding excess weight in the wetsuit.
• Flexibility: A massive 480-580% in elongation, compared with human skin (under arm) which is just 60-70%. Superior flexibility and comfort with an expansion of 7x conventional wetsuit materials.
• Buoyancy: Derived from limestone rather than oil which offers a 23% higher closed-cell structure. This significantly increasing the buoyancy levels for the swimmer.
• Warmth: High heat retention: Keeping the body warmer in colder waters to help reduce body fatigue and improve performance.
• Eco: The neoprene is also derived from limestone opposed to petroleum which is more environmentally friendly.
2. Extensive research and development on panel design and fabric thickness ensures this is one of the most natural feeling wetsuits you’ll swim in.
3. Ultra flexible 1.5mm shoulder and underarm panels, complete with premium lining to allow for a full range of movement and minimize any shoulder pain.
4. The Ladies Aspire has a lower level of buoyancy around the chest and core compared with the Men's version. This improves the comfort of the suit further and makes it a perfect suit for the majority of women who are naturally more buoyant in the water than men.
5. A higher stretch 3mm chest panel combined with 1.5mm side chest seam construction aids in course sighting during the swim navigation, keeps up core body warmth and is designed to suit a wide range of different chest sizes.
6. A new laser cut collar is included in the new version which allows a tighter fit without any feeling of discomfort around the neck.
7. Pro Speed CuffsTM on the legs for rapid removal after the swim to ensure the quickest transitions, saving you vital time on any course.
8. Premium inner linings are used which further add to the comfort and flexibility of the suit.
9. Downwards YKK zip to enable the suit to go on and off easily.
10. Combination of purple and rose gold detailing create a flattering and stylish design. The Aspire is the perfect suit from the beginner athlete, all the way to the pro athlete, and as such has been offering a fantastic swimming experience to all of those who have chosen this suit since its conception in 2008.
* Yamamoto statistics sourced from www.yamamoto-bio.com